glue and name server records propagation

Discussion in 'General' started by stanfield, Jul 16, 2024.

1. stanfield

stanfield New Member

I am new and confused, im using porkbun registrar. My glue records are ns1.musicmtns.com and ns2.musicmtns.com then under custom name servers are the same. In Ispconfig I created 2 a-records of the same. my fqdn is chatt.musicmtns.com Unfortunately propagation is not working and could use some help

2. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

When i check the domain i get:
    On a DNS Propagation Checker only 2 of 30 servers report ns1.musicmtns.com and ns2.musicmtns.com, but they are not connectable for me. Could it be that your DNS servers are not connectable from the internet? Have to checked that the ports for DNS are accessible from a external computer?

3. stanfield

stanfield New Member

yes the ports are open and firewalls are open. I have a website running on the server that can be accessed externally

4. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

What are the IP Adresses of ns1.musicmtns.com and ns2.musicmtns.com? Checking against 99.127.199.5 results in an error:
    Code:
    # dig @99.127.199.5 NS musicmtns.com
    ; EDE: 22 (No Reachable Authority): (At delegation musicmtns.com for musicmtns.com/ns)
    Did you check on you Nameserver itself that the DNS server is correctly responding? Did you create the zone for musicmtns.com in your ISPConfig panel? Are you sure that the Zone is correct and loaded? (If there are errors in the zonefile the file will have the .err extension e.g. /etc/bind/pri.musicmtns.com.err)

This guide has a section about testing the DNS: https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/setting-up-your-own-name-service-with-ispconfig/#nbsptesting

5. stanfield

stanfield New Member

I did a reverse lookup on my ip address, because I use ATT, they have reserved it preventing my name server registration this is built into the modem. I would have to upgrade to a business account to get access