Gmail connection timed out

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by favram, Apr 2, 2012.

1. favram

favram New Member

Hello
    Sorry for my post. I think I'm not the first person with problem under email server. After I have installed the ISPConfig under debian 6, I try to send emails to gmail, yahoo and other few emailbox. When I tried to send to gmail or yahoo, the emails wasn't send. In logs appears blah blah blah 25: Connection timed out. When I've tried to send to [email protected] or to [email protected] the email was send it successfully.
    When I've tried to send it from gmail or yahoo to my emailbox from server with ispconfig is the same problem (I didn't received anything). If I try to send for example from [email protected] or [email protected] to my emailbox from server with ispconfig everything works fine.

The ip is not blacklisted. The ip is 89.35.252.27 and the site what I try to setup with ispconfig is www.4pet.ro.

This site is down until when I can fix the problem with the email

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

3. scmeis1

scmeis1 New Member

If your not using dynamic IP's, try to telnet to mx2.hotmail.com 25

Try several different providers. Aka AOL, yahoo, gmail etc etc

It took me 2 days to figure out on my own, because I was time challenged. Most of those telnets will just sit and sit with no response. If that happens your ISP is blocking outbound port 25 or SMTP.

I had to call my ISP and just ask them to stop blocking it. Wallah it worked.
    Now I have other challenges.