Godaddy Domains and My ISPconfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Confused, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Confused

Confused New Member

My ispconfig setup is up and running on ubuntu server 8.10. Everything is working fine as far as the installation.

I bought 8 different domain names from godaddy. However I am only going to focus on getting one domain to work right now.

asr-graphics.com

I went under the control panel in Godaddy and forwarded it to my ip address http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Then when I test asr-graphics.com and all I get is The shared IP addess page.

I've read forwarding won't work, I also created a A record under godaddy that points to my ip address. When I tried to set the nameserver in godaddy to ns1.asr-graphics.com it wouldn't let me and said "Nameserver not registered"

So I've hit a brickwall for now. :confused:

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can not forward a domain, this will not work. Remove the forward and create a dns A-Record instead that points to your IP in the godaddy nameservers.

3. Confused

Confused New Member

here's a couple of screenshots. Do I need to do anything special with ispconfig? Since it says name server not registered.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

5. Confused

Confused New Member

I think I figured out what I was doing wrong.

I read that tutorial, but mydaddy has rearranged everything. I found 'add a host' at the bottom of my domain manager, and added ns1 and my ip address. Which it said it could take 48 hours. But I will know if that what I was doing wrong. Funny thing is if I type ns1.asr-graphics.com in the browser it brings up my index page.