Good afternoon-Wifi and maybe more (problem)

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by hello, Oct 16, 2008.

1. hello

hello New Member

So first of all i am a new user.

Good afternoon all.

This situation begins with my Will of ending windows OS in my house either it is my laptop my wife´s or my kid. . .

The same Hard situation for us that are having first contacts with LInux OS is that unfourtanly we are not able to have a Distribution,that makes our harware behave the way it is suposed to...

The most common problems are the wifi unable to connect and the sound has no output. . .all of this works on Windows.

We all Have an Acer Aspire 5315

At this moment i am downloading the Mandriva linux one 2009 as i seen a good Tutorial there by Falko.

What i consider important know it´s the kind of problem i will face using this new Operating system. . .I started the "test" last week with Ubuntu linux mint and some others. . . All of them unable to Put my hardware working. . .

I decided to register here because i believe here must exist many experts and who know this is the "D" Day for the introduction of linux in one more Home.

Thank you all your time.

Have a very nice day

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Does it work with Mandriva 2009.0? It comes with the newest kernel (2.6.27), so your chances might not be bad.

Ubuntu 8.10 (which comes by the end of October) will also use kernel 2.6.27, so you might also want to give this one a try.