Google issue when forwarding emails to them??

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by rob_morin, Jan 4, 2017.

1. rob_morin

rob_morin Member

Hello all, for each client we have that has a domain.com email address and then forwards that to thier gmail address we get a warngin in the mailq?

so [email protected] sends an email to [email protected], when ispconfig sees [email protected] it forwards it to [email protected]
    And the below message can be viewed with the mailq command;

0F34CB000A6 48514 Mon Jan 2 14:25:23 n0168200e9c-7cef5989e4ae41acaab63df97972c6a8-wilma===[email protected]
    (host alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[173.194.66.27] said: 421-4.7.0 [216.xxx.xx.xx 15] Our system has detected an unusual rate of 421-4.7.0 unsolicited mail originating from your IP address. To protect our 421-4.7.0 users from spam, mail sent from your IP address has been temporarily 421-4.7.0 rate limited. Please visit 421-4.7.0 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=UnsolicitedRateLimitError to 421 4.7.0 review our Bulk Email Senders Guidelines. q54si36063001qtq.113 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA command))
    [email protected]

Any ideas as to why?

Thanks...

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you had ans spam sending problems in the last time on your server or did you or any of the other users of the server send large amounts of emails like a newsletter?

3. rob_morin

rob_morin Member

No, no problems. Its only ever these 2 users that trigger this message from google. Very weird... I will do a test by creating a forward to my gmail and see if i get same results...

4. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Our system has detected an unusual rate of 421-4.7.0 unsolicited mail originating from your IP address.

You are just sending to many mails to gmail :)

5. rob_morin

rob_morin Member

Oddly enough Since jan 1st my email server has only sent 229 emails to gmail email addresses spread over that time, hardly enough to be proclaimed as spamming or bulk email. Very weird indeed. I did some tests with another user and i DO NOT have that problem as the other 2 do... I will look into it and get back to you, fortunately its on a few regular users it happens to.

6. liane

liane Member HowtoForge Supporter

I also have the same problem with gmail. I have a number of users having their mail forwarded to gmail, and it happens these users are receiving quite some spam (you know, the kind of user that advertise their email address on every web page they can), so as this spam is resent by my server, gmail sporadically refuses mails, or at the very least defers them :/
    I tried to register my server with gmail without success, didn't find any satisfying solution in their "support" area

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Under Spamfilter user / domain you can assign a spamfilter rule for forwards as well (if you haven't setup one for the whole domain already). You might have to set a low spam kill level in the policy used for this forward so that less spam gets forwarded to gmail.

8. liane

liane Member HowtoForge Supporter

Interesting.
    I just setup a special policy for the few domains that bother me, I'll keep lowering the kill level until I'm about as strict as gmail, that might do the trick, thanks.