gOS Bios Problem

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Dennis2009, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Dennis2009

Dennis2009 New Member

A little back groun information.
    I migrated from windoze. My machine is a hybrid AMD.
    200g hard drive and 2G ram.
    When I upgraded my hardware in windoze I used the amd disc for the bios.... but it never really acted quite normal after that. I didn't think about it for long time.

Now I want to part ways with Wild Bill. So I posted the whole drama on
    The Unofficial gOS Forums

http://gosforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=77

My questions is how do I go about using the cd again to fix the Bios. :confused:

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

What exactly is the problem with the BIOS? Can you give a few more details?

3. Dennis2009

Dennis2009 New Member

details

Ok, I had a really hard time installing gOS. The disk would not complete the install. I had to try many many time for it to make it to the install screen, then I had to try many many times to install the shell I guess.. before gOS was actually installed. Then I had to try many times to get it installed. Once I got it installed it restarted ok, but then I clicked the updates and then had to completely reinstall from the beginning.
    Now I have gOS installed and It won't shut down from the main window. I have to logout. At which time the machine will restart and take me to the login screen. Then I have to choose shut down. If I don't do that I will not be able to start the os next time I turn on the computer.
    Oh, I also down loaded and burnt a new iso file from a different server and everything was the same.

To top all of this off I don't have any gadgets displayed on my desktop.

The only thing I can think of is the bios problem from windoze. When I was running Xp it did show my correct memory in the hard drive or Ram. but it did show the RAM upgrade.
    My usb drives didn't work most of the time and it always froze up on startup.

The bios is the only thing I think it could be.:confused:

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

That sounds really strange. Sounds as if gOS doesn't fully support your hardware...

5. Dennis2009

Dennis2009 New Member

bios

Is that possible? I have a AMD mother board...:confused: