Greek Support on ISPConfig 2.2.14, lost tools menu

Discussion in 'General' started by pssara, Jul 5, 2007.

1. pssara

pssara New Member

Hello, i just upgraded from 2.2.12 to 2.2.14 to use the Greek Menus.
    Unfortunately, the support of the Greek Language is not ported well:
    • The encoding of the pages is still 8859-1 where is should be 8859-7
    • I totally lost tools menu, after changing to Greek language. When pressing the tools menu i get an empty page.
    The problem is that i cannot change back to English, as i lost the tools menu. Is there another way to change the language back to English?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You must change the encoding if you change the language. the encoding is set in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php

3. pssara

pssara New Member

Thanks.
    But still the left panel has no page encoding at all.
    And i still have problem with the tools menu it opens as a blank page.
    Any help with changing the language from command prompt or Sql ?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

5. pssara

pssara New Member

Thanks. I have already changed the encoding but it didnt work on the left panel. I would also like some help on changing the language back to English without using the tools menu, which is not accessible.

6. Hans

Hans Moderator Moderator

Because your tools screen is not accessible anymore, which means you can't use the Tools menu anymore, i suggest to do the following:

Create a copy of your Greek Language file:
    cp /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/tools/lib/lang/gr.lng /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/tools/lib/lang/gr-old.lng

Overwrite the Greek language file with the English one:
    cp /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/tools/lib/lang/en.lng /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/tools/lib/lang/gr.lng

It would be nice if you could find out why the Greek Tools screen is not functioning anymore, so we can correct it.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer