Guidance to configure a different ISPConfig client to access their domain global spamfilter?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by rwheindl, Aug 9, 2022.

1. rwheindl

rwheindl Member

I was reading this post: https://forum.howtoforge.com/threads/whitelist-for-recipient-domain-not-editable-by-user.84438/
    But it does not explain what the admin had to change in the database in order to allow another ISPConfig Client to manage their entire domain's whitelist.
    If I look in the USER dropdown menu, it only shows "[email protected]" for them, and I'd like them to be able to see and add entries for "@domain.com". Is this possible to assign to a specific ISPConfig Client in ISPConfig? Or am I the only one as the ISPConfig admin who has access to the @domain.com whitelist?

2. rwheindl

rwheindl Member

I'm referring to ISPConfig > Email > Spamfilter Whitelist > Add Whitelist Record > User (dropdown)

3. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

If admin creates something for the user then user can not modify that object.
    So if user needs to modify those whitelist records, I suspect admin must not create them, user must create them him/herself. Or admin logs in as that user and doest the creating. At least this was what the old discussion thread you referred to in #1 was about.

4. rwheindl

rwheindl Member

Do you know which database table and column contains the association so I can change the ID so the user can manage it? I didn't see it in that thread.

5. rwheindl

rwheindl Member

Is this a bad idea or safe to change? Or can the association be changed in the GUI somewhere?

6. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

No.
    But I remember there was discussion about this on forum, so search for old threads.
    No, as far as I know. I have not changed these things, so I can not say if it is safe or not. I would avoid doing this, at least if I have not studied it carefully and verified it does not break stuff.