Gutsy Gibbon Perfect Server - Vhosts and Proftpd

Discussion in 'General' started by dbrooke, Nov 12, 2007.

1. dbrooke

dbrooke New Member

Hello,

I have a couple specific questions about some non-standard (to ISPC) configs.

I wanted PROFTPD's root to be /

I also wanted Apache's Root to be /home/

For PROFTPD, I was able to achieve this by editing the proftpd_ispconfig.conf file at the top where it says:

DefaultAddress 127.x.x.x

I reset that line to: 10.0.1.200 (my LAN IP to the server)

That, and setting the proftpd.conf ServerRoot to "/" is letting me log in with the appropriate user and access the entire server with ftp.

The problem is that the proftpd_ispconfig.conf file is overwritten every time I make an edit in the ISPconfig admin. Is there a way to set that localhost address in the ISPconfig admin to the 10.x.x.x number?

My second problem is with the Vhosts_ispconfig.conf file in ..apache2>Vhosts>

I want the document root of the main server to be /home (instead of the default (I think /var/www/web2/www/). So I found I can change the top lines of this file to (DocumentRoot /home):

NameVirtualHost 10.0.1.200:80
    <VirtualHost 10.0.1.200:80>
    ServerName localhost
    ServerAdmin <myemail>
    DocumentRoot /home
    </VirtualHost>

Which works just fine. Now the apache root is /home/ just like I want it. However, the same thing above... when I change a site in the ISPconfig admin, it reverts this file to it's default, and I can't seem to figure out how to change this info in the ISPConfig admin to reflect what I need (as in above).

Thanks for the help!

Donovan

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can not use ISPConfig with a different folder layout.