Have a remote server and its being flagged for high cpu usage

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by webguyz, Jan 11, 2017.

1. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

I have ISPconfig slave on a OpenVZ server at a local hosting company and I'm only using it for Remote DNS. They said they have detected HiGH CPU usage and suspended my vps several times. Its a single core 768 meg server running Debian Jessie under 3.1.1p1
    Just got another messge fro them and was wondering if anyone had any ideas what might be happening. Followed the Perfect Server Jessie 8.4 but left most services off except bind, vlogger, php5 and MySQL.
    "We are seeing high I/O usage from your VPS, mainly through these two processes:

204111 ? D 0:00 /usr/bin/php -q -d disable_classes= -d disable_functions= -d open_basedir= /usr/local/ispconfig/server/cron.php
    204198 ? D 0:00 /usr/bin/php -q -d disable_classes= -d disable_functions= -d open_basedir= /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.php
    "

Thanks!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

These are the two ispconfig scripts but they normally do not cause much load or I/O usage, they run just once a minute to check for config updates and to update the monitor. You should consider installing munin on the server to get graphs for the server load and I/O. Maybe your hoster just wants to get rid of you as hosters can simply limit the I/O off a container to the amount that you paid for, he will not shutdown a vm: https://openvz.org/I/O_limits