Have ISPConfig just handle email for a client.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by timbe, Nov 11, 2009.

1. timbe

timbe New Member

I would like to have one client that does not have a vhost entry written. So I can direct the domain to an app. But I still want to have email handled via the ISPConfig admin.

This is unique to the rest of the sites I have setup through ISPConfig. Is this possible?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You have to create a site in ispconfig to be able to add email users, but this does not mean that you have to use the website, you just have to create it.

3. timbe

timbe New Member

ISPConfig writes out the site you created to a Vhosts file.

This is the problem I have a lot of sites in that file that I want to keep usings, This site's info lives in there. I would like to keep the site in ISPConfig because it has users but some how remove it from the Vhosts file so I can route it differently.

Unfortunately I need to route it to the same box. Which is my issue routing it through a different server NP.

I am unsure how to remove it from the list that ISPConfig writes so I can tell apache to do something different with it.

I tried putting:

DocumentRoot /var/www/myapp

In the directive box but that did not work.

I tried having my own vhost with the same exact domain appended AFTER ISPConfigs Vhosts.conf in apache2.conf.
    Neither have worked.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats the way ispconfig 2 works. If you want to have websites completely separated from email, use ispconfig 3.

5. timbe

timbe New Member

Got it, declare your own vhosts before ISPConfigs Vhosts config is included and apache pays attention to your vhosts first!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009