Have maybe a wierd FTP issue! Help!

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by Troy, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Troy

Troy New Member

I'm new at creating a dedicated vps server hosted by vPS Servers and did every step on how to create The Perfect Server CentOS 7.6 with Apache, PHP 7.2, Postfix, Dovecot, Pure-FTPD, BIND and ISPConfig 3.1

Everything is working but have a FTP connection issue:

When I make a ftp account(s) in ISPConfig to connect to the server the given server name (server7.mydomain.com) will not work have to use my servers IP address to connect via FTP?

Can someone please help me with a solution how to get the server7.mydomain.com to work?

Everything else works great just have to learn how to install the softaculous or something for WordPress install.

I assume I did something wrong during the install? Noob at Linux and so far like it so installing it on my extra PC to learn more and maybe dump windows.

Thank you in advance for any help.

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. Qtechservers

Qtechservers New Member

It will display the exact error when you connect using those details. Would you mind pasting that error here?

4. Troy

Troy New Member

That's the problem an error would be great. I can sent mail out but when I send mail to my hosted roundcube email address it never gets delivered or sent back. Just goes bye bye like a gremlin on the internet eat it. Weird!

Taleman thank you for the links I'm going to study them today.