Having a unique account to upload files on many different sites but same client

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by lnxgreensys, Sep 24, 2014.

1. lnxgreensys

lnxgreensys New Member

Hi,
    Basically I have a "customer" that has 10+ sites and he has to upload files through SFTP, or similar protocols.

I created a linux user (with ROOT capabilities, adding it to sudoers file) on ispconfig server (last Debian distro with Apache) in order to access all the website file for client1.
    I added this user on client1 group.

But when he tries to access directory /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web, he gets "permission denied". Same for /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web.

Is there a way to have a unique account to upload files on many different websites (belonging to a single customer/client)?

Regards,
    L.G.

2. srijan

srijan New Member HowtoForge Supporter

I will suggest you to add ftp-user from ISPConfig Webinterface.

From Sites-->Ftp accounts-->Add new ftp user

for this purpose. It will allow the user to access the sites/ftp with ease and without error.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, thats not possible as each site is owned by a different Linux user and sites are protected against each other, so the user of one site cant access another site.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There miht be a solution with the ispconfig 3.1 version though, ispconfig 3.1 support vhost aliasdomains, so you can basically add websites as vhsts to another website, in this case, the sites run under the same user.

5. lnxgreensys

lnxgreensys New Member

Hi,
    thank you for your kind reply.
    As I imagined, this is not a feature.
    We are going to create multiple accounts.

Regards,
    L.G.