he Perfect Setup - Ubuntu Feisty Fawn (Ubuntu 7.04)

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by razor7, May 29, 2007.

1. razor7

razor7 Member

Hello, i have a simple question that you guys will crack it in a second.

I have followed the guide "Perfect Setup - Ubuntu Feisty Fawn (Ubuntu 7.04)", everything most than OK and installed ISPConfig with no problems, but after all the steps, my linux login prompt shows at first, so all the other echo messages from the starting services erase it.

The question is....what can i do to have the login prompt after all services are loaded?

Thanks a lot.

2. volksman

volksman New Member

You should be able to hit enter a couple times when all is said and done and you will get your login prompt....If I'm reading this right.... :)

3. razor7

razor7 Member

Thanks a lot...i can login normally.....after all services are loaded I can write username and pasword with no problemas and the login and prompt are ok...

The issue is that the login prompt loads in third place and all the services load after it, so the display is a real mess...

The question is .what can i do to have the login prompt after all services are loaded? or what can i do to have the login prompt loaded at last of all services?

Thanks in advice

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  4. razor7

razor7 Member

Here some screenshots

The login is loaded
    [​IMG]

Then overrided by the other services echo's
    [​IMG]

The question
    what can i do to have the login prompt after all services are loaded?
    Or what can i do to have the login prompt loaded at last of all services?

Thanks in advice

5. volksman

volksman New Member

Honestly I don't think you can...the login prompt is being loaded by the OS and ISPConfig is starting after it. You can try changing the number of the init script name in /etc/rc3.d/ but I wouldn't bother. It loads last cause it relies on the OS being fully loaded and multiuser for it to start all its services...By changing the order of ISPconfig server starting you are likely asking for trouble...