heartbeat

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by zoemdoef, Nov 14, 2007.

1. zoemdoef

zoemdoef New Member

The ha-linux article help me to build a super server, thank you very much.

My googling skills have deserted me and i hope you might point me in the right direction for a solution to the following:

server1 has the resources and is running fine, i reboot server2 and all seems fine until it comes back up after which it takes over the resources from server1 which i dont want to happen as server1 is fine running the resources for now. I only want server2 to take over the resources when i ask it to or when server1 fails. Where should i start looking?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Take a look at /var/log/syslog and search for heartbeat errors. Possibly the two heartbeat daemons cannot properly communicate with each other?

3. zoemdoef

zoemdoef New Member

Hi falco

I have checked and confirmed that there are no errors in the syslog facility. The only thing i found was a warning:
    Nov 18 11:50:11 vm1 heartbeat[4627]: WARN: Late heartbeat: Node 192.168.254.1: interval 10080 ms
    which did not happen often, about 2 to 3 times a day.

4. zoemdoef

zoemdoef New Member

My ha.cf looks like this:

logfile /var/log/ha-log
    logfacility local0
    keepalive 1
    deadtime 120
    warntime 10
    udpport 694
    bcast eth0
    auto_failback off
    node vm1
    node vm2
    ping 192.168.254.1
    respawn hacluster /usr/lib/heartbeat/ipfail
    initdead 240
    bcast eth1

and the haresources like so:

vm1 192.168.254.254 drbddisk::r0 Filesystem::/dev/drbd0::/var/lib/vmware/drvmachines::ext3 bind9 server1 server2 server3 server4

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Are both nodes now the master at the same time? If not, I think everything's ok.