Help! Ajax or Java or PHP, my app is broke.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by rlischer, Aug 5, 2009.

1. rlischer

rlischer Member

I had a PHP program written for me and it runs fine on my dedicated cPanel server. (I did not build or setup this server). I built a server using perfect server setup centOS 5.3, ISPConfig 3 etc.... All went well.

I copied over the php code and created a database, modified the config file, when I try to login to my php program it just sits at the login screen. A wrong password gets me a wrong password error, so I know it sees the database. I correct password just stays right at the login screen. What could be missing on the server? I know the php app uses some AJAX/Java is this something I need to add to me server? I have moved the php program to other cpanel server and it worked. It just hates my server.

Thanks

2. rlischer

rlischer Member

I turned on display_errors. It must be a permission problem. I get this at the login screen:

Code:
    Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_s35h7lun48sprt9hdspmrlmh50, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /var/www/clients/client1/web4/web/calls/index.php on line 2

Warning: Unknown: open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_s35h7lun48sprt9hdspmrlmh50, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/lib/php/session) in Unknown on line 0

3. rlischer

rlischer Member

Solved my own problem for once. This command did it: chmod 1777 session

This allows any user to write to session, but only the user who created a specific file (eg, the session file as apache) can delete the file.