[HELP PLEASE] Installation of Web Hosting and some questions for Debian.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by newbielinux, Sep 14, 2011.

1. newbielinux

newbielinux New Member

Hello!

I have been creating websites in PHP for quite some time now and I've always used windows with WAMP and decided to finally switch over to linux on my second computer to use it as a server for my websites.

I don't really understand how things work in the Linux OS interface and strangely enough, I'm having a hard time learning / finding usable information, the open-source veterans expect one to know everything already.

I am runing the latest Debian version that I just installed on my computer and I would like to have a good webhost preferably with a control panel to manage it. I was wondering if I will have to install something like LAMPP in order to manage my sites or does Web Hosting CPs include everything neccessary?

What I need is phpmyadmin, some way to manage different domains for different sites, ftp and mail. What Controlpanel / solution will be the best for me in your opinion? I need it to be simple to install / configure since I don't have much experience in Linux, preferably with some good guide.

Thanks alot, I appreciate all the help I can get!

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer