Help with phplogcon!!

Discussion in 'Programming/Scripts' started by BigThetan, May 28, 2010.

1. BigThetan

BigThetan New Member

Hi I am running a Ubuntu rsyslog Server and I am trying to manage my logs thru a web interface. I was following the How To @ http://www.unix-tutorials.com/go.php?id=2758 and When I got to step 5 I tried PHPLOGCON config I get this message after i finish entering the setup info.

Code:
    Checking users input... Done!
    Creating required tables... 
    Database error: Cannot connect to database-server 
    mysql error: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111 
    mysql error number: 2013
    Date: 28.05.2010 @ 01:59
    Script: /phplogcon/install/perform.php
    Referer: http://10.78.46.206/phplogcon/install/install.php
    can anyone assist me with this. Mysql is up and listening

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What's the output of
    Code:
    netstat -tap
    ?

3. BigThetan

BigThetan New Member

Thanks for responding. This what I get

Code:
    (No info could be read for "-p": geteuid()=1000 but you should be root.)
    Active Internet connections (servers and established)
    Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name
    tcp        0      0 localhost:mysql         *:*                     LISTEN      -               
    tcp        0      0 *:www                   *:*                     LISTEN      -               
    tcp        0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN      -               
    tcp        0      0 localhost:ipp           *:*                     LISTEN      -               
    tcp        0      0 *:shell                 *:*                     LISTEN      -               
    tcp        0      0 10.78.46.206:shell      10.78.46.138:47788      ESTABLISHED -               
    tcp        0      0 10.78.46.206:ssh        10.78.46.138:57231      ESTABLISHED -               
    tcp6       0      0 [::]:ssh                [::]:*                  LISTEN      -               
    tcp6       0      0 localhost:ipp           [::]:*                  LISTEN      -               
    tcp6       0      0 [::]:shell              [::]:*                  LISTEN      -    

4. falko

Can you try to make MySQL listen on all interfaces (not just localhost)?

5. BigThetan

BigThetan New Member

Thanks for your reply. I'm a bit of a newb with Linux. how would I go about making it listen on other interfaces?

6. falko

7. BigThetan

BigThetan New Member

Hi So I got MySql to listen on all interfaces. Thanks for the reference. However I am still not able to get phplogcon to connect to the database i get the following error now:

Code:
    .: phpLogCon Installation :.

Creating required tables... 
    Database error: Cannot connect to database-server 
    mysql error: Host '10.78.46.206' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server 
    mysql error number: 1130
    Date: 07.06.2010 @ 01:38
    Script: /phplogcon/install/perform.php
    Referer: http://10.78.46.206/phplogcon/install/install.php

that ip address is the address of the server itself. thanks for your help thus far.

8. falko

Please take a look at the mysql.user table. Is there a user with the host 10.78.46.206 or %?

9. BigThetan

BigThetan New Member

I was doing some research on mysql commands and i did not see the one that would show me how to view that table. Could you point me in the right direction

10. falko

I suggest you install phpMyAdmin to take a look at your tables.

11. BigThetan

BigThetan New Member

ok thanks I will let you know what the result is for mysql.user table

12. BigThetan

BigThetan New Member

I was able to view the mysql.user table through phpmyadmin. There is a user with the host 10.78.46.206. It actually says Log-Server1, which is what I named my server.

13. falko

Can you replace 10.78.46.206 or Log-Server1 with a "%" (without quotation marks)? Restart MySQL. Does it work then?

14. BigThetan

BigThetan New Member

That seemed to work. What did inserting the "%" do? I got the following message and error:

Code:
    Creating required tables... Done!
    Inserting values into tables... Done!
    Creating your config file (config.php)... 
    Error: The file '../config.php' is not writeable. Please check the permissions

Go back and correct this!
    ..:: Go back to installation ::..

I am assuming I need to change the permissions on that file so that it can write to it.

15. BigThetan

BigThetan New Member

Thanks a bunch. I have been able to get phpLogCon working. I just need to figure out how to populate the database with the rsyslog data? Can u point me in the right direction?

16. falko

% means that all hosts can connect (if they provide the correct username and password).
    Code:
    I just need to figure out how to populate the database with the rsyslog data?
    Did you configure /etc/rsyslog.conf as shown in the tutorial?

17. BigThetan

BigThetan New Member

ok thanks fro explaining that. I followed that tutorial exactly; however, I will go back through it to see if I missed anything.