Help with Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL procedure

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by netzach, Sep 17, 2006.

1. netzach

netzach New Member

Hi all!

Working throug the Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (Fedora Core 5) process and I've his a couple of snags.

Most serious is that after the postconf commands on page 2, I'm unable to get postfix to recognize commands. I telnet to localhost on port 25 and it just sits there and looks at me. No response.

I have found that if I edit /etc/postfix/main.cf and comment out the four lines which have "proxy:mysql:" in them, and restart postfix, then it works - postfix responds with the OK message and allows me to "ehlo localhost".

Any ideas?

Also - when I installed ISPConfig, I missed the instruction about answering "n" and now whenever I reboot the system, it's asking for the passphrase. Any way to redo that?

Thanks in advance,

Guy.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

What's in your mail log?

Did you install ISPConfig on the same machine? This doesn't work, the virtual Postfix setup is incompatible with ISPConfig!

3. netzach

netzach New Member

Thanks for the reply!

Mostly, the log is full of:

mail postfix/proxymap[14645]: fatal: unsupported dictionary type: mysql
    mail postfix/smtpd[3638]: warning: premature end-of-input on private/proxymap socket while reading input attribute name
    mail postfix/smtpd[3638]: warning: private/proxymap socket: service dict_proxy_open: Success
    mail postfix/master[3633]: warning: process /usr/libexec/postfix/proxymap pid 14645 exit status 1
    mail postfix/master[3633]: warning: /usr/libexec/postfix/proxymap: bad command startup -- throttling

Message group repeats about once every minute.

Ouch! It would have been nice had there been a note in the tutorial to that effect. The postfix/courier/mysql how-to simply said to set up a Fedora core 5 machine per that howtoforge how-to - which included instructions for ISPconfig. It sounded like a good idea, so I did. Is there an uninstall how-to for ISPConfig?

bestRegards, Guy.

4. falko

Did you make a new Postfix rpm from the srpm? If so, something went wrong, because Postfix doesn't have MySQL support...

I said you should follow the first three pages of that tutorial, not the whole tutorial. The ISPconfig instructions come at the end.

Run
    Code:
    /root/ispconfig/uninstall
    to uninstall ISPConfig.

5. netzach

netzach New Member

<embarrased cough - ahem>

Guess I should try reading for comprehension this time, eh?

Thanks for the help on this. I noticed that I'm now getting filesystem errors, so it looks like I'm going to have to reformat and start from scratch. This time, just the first 3 pages of the tutorial, answer the questions better so I don't get a startup challenge passphrase, etc.

bestRegards, Guy.

6. falko

I hope your hard disk is ok?