Hi guys, Server is full...

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Jonathon Gilbert, Nov 3, 2022.

1. Jonathon Gilbert

Jonathon Gilbert Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi Guys, sorry to be a pain and likely this has been asked before.
    But i have just realised that my old servers storage is full. (midway through a migration to my new server)
    Its host on AWS and is running Centos 7.4

I have some old mailboxes that i have migrated to the new server and hoping if i delete these it will give the server enough space to load all the services so that i can get in and complete this migration.

Is anyone able to provide me a reminder on the location of mail storage and any tips on this... i have 3 of my largest customers unable to get their email at the moment and its been down for the past 2 hours.

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you are 100% sure that the data is on the new server and it can be removed, find the account directory for the account you want to delete in /var/vmail. That directory contains directories with the mail domains, which then contain directories for the email accounts.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

And as short-term solution to get some free space and the server up again, it might be useful to delete some of the older rotated backups of log files in /var/log/ and its subfolders. But don't delete all files or the most recent ones, only delete older rotated copies.

4. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

if you can't be sure data has been copied over fully and correctly, attach another (larger) ebs volume to the instance,
    rsync /var/vmail, or /var/www to the new ebs volume. stop the relevant services. delete the data in the old (full) folder, remount the new volume to the old folders location. restart the services. rerun the migration.

Th0m likes this.