hosteing a website but not SMTP

Discussion in 'General' started by gripner, Oct 12, 2006.

1. gripner

gripner New Member

Hi all

Hope this is the right forum for this type of question.

lets say i want to host the site www.mysite.com, i create it in ISPConfig and click in make DNS and MX since i want to be DNS server fpr mysite.com alwell as hosting the www part.

Now i point the MX record to another server that are to recive the email.

My problem is that ISPConfig will configure postfix local-host-names file to INCLUDE www.mysite.com and mysite.com, to me this sounds like ppl sending email throw my postfix to mysite.com will get fubared since postfix will take care of the emails for mysite.com wich it ofc should not since the MX points to another ser4ver. or Im i wrong ?

Incase im right, how do i fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

Leif

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You must set mailserver to external in the website settings and the settings of all co-domains of this website.

3. gripner

gripner New Member

It have always been set to external. the domain gets added to the local-host-names anyhow

4. till

No, they dont get added with that setting, I'am absolutely sure. You must set it in the co-domains to external too, not only in the website.

5. gripner

gripner New Member

the site i have enabled External for dont have any co-domains and i doublechecked 5 times and resaved etc and it STILL gets added to local-host-names

6. gripner

gripner New Member

did a dirty fix, i went into the database table "isp_isp_domain" and changed the field domain_local_mailserver to null, it hade 1 in it, should be summing else then 1 one might think when u save the site with External. anyhow after this i went into the local-host-names and deleted the entry there and saved.
    Went now when i save the site in ISPConfig it dont add the line to local-host-names anylonger

dirty fix, wounder how much this will momo up

7. till

Why did you not change it in the interface? If this domain is listed in the table isp_isp_domain, you have a co-domain, baecause in this tables are only co-domains :)

8. gripner

gripner New Member

I did n ot change it in the ISPConfig webinterface becouse it IS and have ALWAYS been set to EXTERNAL
    Further more there is NO, none, zero ,zip, nada subdomains

9. till

Maybe the subdomain is in the recycle bin?

10. gripner

gripner New Member

Recycle bin is empty as can be

11. till

If you have a value in the isp_isp_domain table, you have a co-domain. I know that beacause I've written the ISPConfig interface :). Have you edited any tables in the database manually before? Have you checked your other websites if the co-domain is attached to one of this websites?

12. gripner

gripner New Member

running the risk of repeating myself ill say it again,
    I have not edited any database records, xept this one to stop ISPConfig from updateing local-host-names.

I do NOT have any co-domains under ANY websites related to this domain

Only thing i can think of is that when i deleted the co-domain it did not remove the record in the database for some reason.