Hostname issue with SSL Certificate request.

Discussion in 'General' started by mhpcomputerservices, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Hi

I have setup ISPConfig using the The Perfect Setup - Ubuntu 6.10 Server (Edgy Eft) guide.

I am successfully running my domain completely self-hosted now but I am however having a problem with my SSL certificate.

I can successfully create the signing request, but when I copy-and-paste the request to the SSL provider they tell me the hostname www.mhpcomputerservices.com does not match the original certificate of hostname of mhpcomputerservices.com

So my question is, is there a way to generate the certificate without the www?:confused:

Thanks

Marcus

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. Thanks for your reply.

The SSL certificate was already created and issued to another server without the www and I'm not sure if I can get it changed at the SSL provider.

Now I have moved the site to self-hosted I have discovered this problem with the www hostname when trying to issue the SSL certificate.

It's an e-commerce site and the shopping cart software automatically redirects the url to https://mhpcomputerservices.com when entering SSL mode.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thank

Marcus

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You vcan use the SSL certificate request, the key and the certificate from your old server and replace the certificate files that ISPConfig created in the ssl folder in the website directory. Then restart your apache webserver.