How about a scaled down version of ISPConfig

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Magiccam, May 19, 2014.

1. Magiccam

Magiccam New Member

Maybe a lite version for Single IP type Virtual Servers. I like the ISPConfig but it's way too much for my personal needs. But a mini version with just the basics, like Apache2 of course, PureFTPd (DNS maybe as an optional add-on), MySQL support. Maybe a couple of other basic features to enhance Apache2.

I was using MAC OS X server, but I don't like the way it runs apache above the default apache on the system, it gets too tricky to fine tune and it doesn't host more than one FQDN.

My next experiment is to build a Web Server front door VBox and then create another VBox behind it not accessible from the internet and reverse proxy access to it for MySQL so the database isn't completely exposed to the internet. At least that's the idea.

Cheers

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This exists already, its ISPConfig. ISPConfig is completely modular, just run its installer in expert mode and you can choose which modules shall be configured.

3. Magiccam

Magiccam New Member

great

Show's you how much I know then :D. I will give that a shot as it would be nice to experiment with. Awesome.

4. Magiccam

Magiccam New Member

Ah yes

For that I will need the manual, and I know you guys are working on a fix for the corrupt PDF so I'll sit tight. I have other bits and pieces to do to my server. For now the ProFTPD and MySQL with apache2 is working like a charm. Thanks to the Virtual Hosting With PureFTPd And MySQL (Incl. Quota And Bandwidth Management) On Ubuntu 14.04LTS tutorial.
    And I got a lesson in phpMyAdmin to boot, it finally dawned on me

Last edited: May 19, 2014