How do I syncronize the DNZ Zones

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Wade John Beckett, Apr 27, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Wade John Beckett

Wade John Beckett Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi there.
    I have the following multi-server setup:

- my.domain (panel)
    -- ns1.domain (dns)
    -- ns2.domain (dns)

When creating a DNS zone in the panel, it does not seem to replicate onto the dns only nameservers.

How do I get the zones to automatically replicate onto the nameservers?

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

My signature has link to DNS setup tutorial.

Wade John Beckett likes this.
  3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Either you did not set the other DNS systems to be mirrors of the first dns, or there is an issue with the server connections. See debug instructions to find out why your other dns servers are not able to connect to the master anymore. https://www.faqforge.com/linux/debugging-ispconfig-3-server-actions-in-case-of-a-failure/

4. Wade John Beckett

I am sure I did set the DNS servers as slaves, however in the event that I didn't, is there a way to change this post installation?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That's not what I meant. The server ns2 must be set to be a mirror of the ns1, the settings is named 'Is mirror of' and can be found under System > server services. When you create a DNS record in the panel, you must create it on ns1 and it gets automatically mirrored to ns2 then. See Tutorial from @Taleman and also the multiserver tutorials which show that as well.

6. Wade John Beckett

This solved it!
    Thank you!