How do I uninstall the ISPConfig 3 billing module?

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by Wade John Beckett, Aug 29, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Wade John Beckett

Wade John Beckett Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi there,
    I trust you are well.
    I am wanting to remove proprietary software from my services. I installed the Billing module on one of my ISPConfig instances.
    How do I correctly uninstall the software?

2. Sir Henry

Sir Henry Member

Same question here. I don't need it any more and it prevents old users from being deleted.

Wade John Beckett likes this.
  3. Wade John Beckett

Wade John Beckett Member HowtoForge Supporter

Bumping this because I went through a deletion process, but I was not able to delete customer accounts afterwards either. The process I followed is as follows:

"Take a look inside the billing module zip archive, there you find a folder 'interface' and a folder 'server', these correspond to the folders with the same name that you find in /usr/local/ispconfig/ on your system. The removal would be to delete all files that you find in the zip file projected to /usr/local/ispconfig/. After removal of the files, remove all invoice* tables inside the dbispconfig database."

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You probably missed removing the billing and sepa plugin in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/plugins/ folder. And take care to log out and log in afterwards, as calls to plugins are cached in your user session.

5. Sir Henry

Sir Henry Member

Thanks to both of you. I did the following:

1. Deleted the files billing_plugin.inc.php and sepa_plugin.inc.php from /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/plugins
    2. Deleted the tables invoice* from the dbispconfig database.

This still brings up the billing module in the ISPConfig start page but I don't care. It allowed me to remove all the old clients and other stuff that I wanted to purge.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is more to delete, the two plugins are just what caused the issue in #3, see what @Wade John Beckett posted:

Wade John Beckett likes this.