How i can merge 3 ISPConfig Servers to one?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by iceget, Feb 18, 2016.

1. iceget

iceget Member

dear community,

i have currently 2 webservers running. both on the current ISPConfig 3 version.

the only difference between both hosts:
    one ISPConfig runs on debian 6, the other one on debian 7.8.

i have installed the new server (7.8) becaus the upgrade to the newest debian distri not worked for me.

both servers are only webservers (vhosts, mysql-dbs and ftp access are setup).

on debian 6 server i have 250 domains running (with a avrg cpu load from 15%)
    on debian 7.8 i have 65 domains running.

how i cane merge both to one ispconfig installation?

thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can not simply copy the websites over as each website is referenced by a unique ID that starts with 1 on both servers, so you currently have 2 websites with ID 1, two with ID 2 etc. There are 2 ways to do the import.

a) Manually by creating the websites on the new server in ISPConfig and then copying over the website data and database data to the newly created websites. then you might have to change paths in website files as well if a site uses absolute paths.

b) Import the sites with the ISPConfig migration tool. http://www.ispconfig.org/add-ons/ispconfig-migration-tool/
    The tool does the import of the clients, websites, ftp users etc. with the remote API and creates a bash script that is then copied to the new server and is used to copy over the data and databases. This 2 step approach has the benefit that you can import the sites in ISPConfig, then do a first data resync, test everything and run the data resync script a second time to refresh the data right before you switch over the domains to the new server.

DDArt likes this.