How is intermediate CA presented?

Discussion in 'General' started by JESUSSAVES, Oct 5, 2014.

1. JESUSSAVES

JESUSSAVES New Member

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my StartSSL class 2 certificate but only on the Andriod operating system - any version of the OS, everything else works fine. URL: here It give a warning "untrusted authority".

StartSSL is really out for the weekend but the weekend person told me I need to present the intermediate CA. I don't see how that is presented by ISPConfig. It is a class 2 server certificate and you can take out unlimited number of domain certificates. I'm using 2 now.

Is there something wrong with my setup or does everyone have this problem with a StartSSL cert?

Installation: Wheezy 7.6, Apache2, ISPConfig 3.0.5.3.

Thank you for your help.

2. mccharlet

mccharlet Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,

I use startssl class 2 for my isp admin console and it's work with android

This is my configuration in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-ispconfig.vhost file

# SSL Configuration
    SSLEngine On
    SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ispserver.crt
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ispserver.key
    SSLCertificateChainFile /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/startssl.sub.class2.server.ca.crt

I use this tutoriel

Best regards

3. srijan

srijan New Member HowtoForge Supporter

4. concept21

concept21 Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

You must copy and paste every intermediate certs, given to you by your trusted authority, into one cert file.

5. JESUSSAVES

JESUSSAVES New Member

OK, all intermediate CAs into one cert file.

May I ask you, are they simply concatenated together and presented in SSLCertificateChainFile? That would mean there is only one intermediate chain file right?

If there is only one file then it could be presented in sites-available/default-ssl, am I right?

Thank you for the help!

6. concept21

concept21 Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Yes, simply merge all the intermediate certs into a text file.

You can use any web server's ssl cert as your global ispconfig ssl cert or set up a seperate one.