How is my Inbox and SMTP Server and how is se security?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by MB.n, Oct 9, 2016.

1. MB.n

MB.n New Member

Hello guys,

i know, its a very bad question but its in germany 10:58am and im little bit tired after a long night.

This night i setup my vserver with the perfect serverbuild (ISPConfig 3, Apache, MariaDB, BIND, pure-ftpd). Before i go to work in 2 hours i wanna setup my e-mail adresses on my e-mail client but i dont know, how i set up my imap/smtp server and how the security is.

Anybody can help? :/

(All i've done only for testing and learning, dont think i'm to silly for this :D)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The perfect server guide is a setup for Internet hosting servers and ISPConfig is a controlpanel for Internet Service providers, so the setup is secure. Off course, you can add additional security settings lime additional blacklists to improve spam filtering or deny PHP functions that you don't need in your website if you want, but that's not required to run an save server.

The steps to on how to add an email account is described in detail in the manual. as subscriber you can download it here: https://www.howtoforge.com/download-the-ispconfig-3-manual If you followed the perfect server guide, then your imap and smtp server is already completely setup, all you have to do is to click on new domain in ISPConfig and enter the domain name, press save, then click on new mailbox and enter the email address and password and click save, that's all.

3. MB.n

MB.n New Member

So, i dont know but i think my english is to bad to know, that i mean a other thing.

I know how to create the Email accounts and its already done. But if i build up the server with the perfect server tutorial, how my smtp server adress is? For example with hostname master.example.com with a Client that have example.con as his Domain

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can use any hostname, domain or IP address that points to this server as smtp server.

5. MB.n

MB.n New Member

Thanks, that was all. Have a nice day

6. MB.n

MB.n New Member

#done & thanks