How redirect in ISP one domain to another

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Poliman, May 24, 2017.

1. Poliman

Poliman Member

I have two domains - example.eu and example.com. I would like to redirect example.com to example.eu so after put in web browser example.com I would get example.eu. What should I do?

2. chri.s

chri.s New Member

Hi Poliman,

you can place extended redirection rules at domain section by clicking on the first domain example.com and redirect it in the manner your webserver (nginx or apache) needs them to be stated.

3. Poliman

Poliman Member

Problem is - how and where. I have apache 2.4.25. I suppose I can do this somewhere in ISPC.

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

In ISPConfig panel, go to Sites, go to example.com. There use tab Redirect to do the redirection. Press Save when ready.

Poliman likes this.
  5. Poliman

Poliman Member

Thanks Taleman. Please tell me what should be setup in Redirect Type, Redirect Path, SEO Redirect?

6. chri.s

chri.s New Member

7. Poliman

Poliman Member

Ok, now I know which type of redirect should be used but I don't know what write in Redirect Path and SEO Redirect. ;) Redirect Path should be website on which should be redirection and SEO Redirect should be "No redirect"?

8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Nothing. The seo redirect have no paths and are also not related to the redirect type field.

9. Poliman

Poliman Member

In SEO Redirect - nothing, this same (nothing) in Redirect Path? How ISP will know which site/domain redirect to another one?