How to add DKIM to postfix while using external mail services?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by onesimpleman, Jun 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. onesimpleman

onesimpleman New Member

My setup is ISPconfig 3.1.13. Using Godaddy DNS and Zohomail for emails.
    My website has a few forms which use postfix to send emails. Those emails are caught in the spambox. How can add a DKIM and Dmarc so that postfix emails are properly delivered. Do I have to install OpenDKIM or Is there an easier way out there ?

2. concept21

concept21 Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

You should ask Godaddy also. They should provide you a guide to integrate with ISPConfig.

3. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you use external DNS and email, I would simply configure the website to use smtp authentication to your email service, and configure DKIM there (which might already be done for your domain?).

4. onesimpleman

onesimpleman New Member

Thank you. Yes DKIM is configured with my email service.
    I tried smtp authentication , but it can be done only on the entire server and not on specific websites.

5. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

you should be able to configure the smtp authentication somewhere within the form settings, rather than configuring postfix to login to your zoho email server. that way postfix still works as normal for your other websites emails, and the forms bypass postfix and send directly from your zoho account.