How to add new e-mail user without using ISPConfig Control Panel

Discussion in 'General' started by Skprorok, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Skprorok

Skprorok New Member

Can someone tell me please how I can add e-mail user without using controlpanel?

1. I need to add user to /var/vmail/domain.com/username
    2. I need to add user to mysql (Can you tell me what is password hash in table "mail_user" ?)

Something else?

2. Franz

Franz Member

only add username to mysql database.
    creating directory /var/vmail/domain.com/username is done automaticly by postfix when first email come.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats not enough. It will work partly as the user is able to recive emails, but e.g. things like quota will not work and get not initilaized and it will fail completely on multiserver systems. You have to also add a serialized object which contains the cahnges of the record in the sys_datalog table. The next release will ofer a remoting framework api for this.

4. Skprorok

Skprorok New Member

So is there any solution to create mail user through PHP?

5. till

Use the database libraries and functions from ispconfig like datalogUpdate and datalogInsert.

6. Skprorok

Skprorok New Member

Maybe this question is offtopic, but can I change password hash what is used in `mail_user` table?

7. till

No, the hash can not be changed without cahnging several libraries in ISPConfig. ISPConfig uses crypt with salt which is the most widely used hashing algorithm on Linux systems.

8. Skprorok

Skprorok New Member

And where I can find these functions?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  9. Horfic

Horfic Member

Under interface/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php

Starting at row: 221