How to clean up a mess, using a new fresh installation?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by burek, Oct 15, 2010.

1. burek

burek New Member

Hi again,

I figured I should create a new thread for this question, although it's related to this one: http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49448

The scenario is the following:
    - Installed ISPConfig 3.0.3 (the latest)
    - Set up a lot of domains/websites (everything working great)
    - Some stupid guy plays around with ISPConfig, trying to get some of his things to work, breaking a lot of things (even was changing ISPConfig's source files/scripts..)

Now, adding new domains/web sites doesn't work properly (all the previous domains/websites still work without problems).

So the question is: Is it safe to install a new fresh copy of ISPConfig 3 onto some Virtual Machine and copy only the source code files and scripts to overwrite the files on a production server with ISPConfig 3?

Do you have any suggestion how to make thing work again properly, without the need to reinstall everything and to copy all those clients/domains/etc again? :/

Thanks in advance for any help...

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

In your case I would do the following steps:

1) Make a backup of /usr/local/ispconfig, the /etc directory and the ispconfig database.
    2) Run the ispconfig update again by following the manual update instructions that are described in the release notes (see sticky post in general forum) and choose to reconfigure services during update. This will replace all ispconfig files with the original ones from the ispconfig tar.gz file.

3. burek

burek New Member

Uh, thanks a lot man, that solved the problem :)
    You really saved me a lot of time! Thanks again :)