How to Create New Client?

Discussion in 'General' started by thenicespider, Apr 9, 2009.

1. thenicespider

thenicespider New Member

How do I create a Hosting Package for Client which contains:

1. Automatic create client FTP
    2. Quota size. Currently even I select certain Template but the client able to change the website "Harddisk quota". Also, need to change the "Mailbox Quota" label to "Hosting Quota"
    3. Configuration based on the selected Template. Now, the setting field will not change until we click Save button.

This will make new created account ready to use, like CPanel (http://cpanel.net) does.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) Write a script that inserts the nescessary data in the database tables and the sys_datalog.

Why do you want to change the mailbox quota label to hosting quota if it is a mailbox quota? Dont you think that this will confuse your customers if you put wrong labels on the fields?

3) Changing the way the ispconfig is intended to work means to write a complete new frontend library.

3. thenicespider

thenicespider New Member

How to limit Hosting Space

1. Thanks
    2. Then, how to limit the Hosting Space?
    3. Let me explain more:
    a. I create a "Shared 001 GB" template (called as Package in CPanel/Helm)
    b. I create new Client then select Template = "Shared 001 GB"
    c. What happen is the Client Configuration doesn't directly use the "Shared 001 GB" values. I must click save then back to "Limits" tab to see the right value

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  4. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

I was actually wondering about the same: I can't seem to find any field where I can limit hard disk quota and traffic for a client anymore :-(

5. till

The harddisk quota can be limited in the client settings and ISPConfig 3 does not has Limits for traffic yet.

6. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

sorry but in the clients limits settigns I only find Mailbox quota. Is the field maybe named wrong?

7. Norman

Norman Member HowtoForge Supporter

Also wondering how to set quota lol.

8. till

You can set it in the website settings and not the client settings as I posted above.

9. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

but that sounds wrong to me, I mean I create a client, assign quotas to him, then let him create his own websites, within the limits I gave him. so puttign the limit inside the site settigns, means he can use whatever he wants or am I getting this wrong?

10. Norman

Norman Member HowtoForge Supporter

Also wondering :)

11. Tripple

Tripple New Member

Me too.
    I'm still using ISPConfig 2.x on production servers because it looks so complicated. Maybe there should be a manual?

12. till

I'am working on a manual. ISPConfig 3 is really easy to use, just try it.

13. Tripple

Tripple New Member

I am trying but I'm used to 2.x and after many months I still don't feel up to it.

14. bajodel

bajodel Member

..any answer to this issue ?

bye..

bajodel