How to delete an invoice from the billing module?

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by Wade John Beckett, Jul 30, 2022.

1. Wade John Beckett

Wade John Beckett Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi there,
    I trust you are well.

I have the billing module installed, and I have set up recurring invoices, but I need to delete some of them.

There is no obvious way of deleting an invoice. Is it possible?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, because this would violate bookkeeping rules in most if not all countries. Only non-finalized invoices can be removed. The only way to remove them would be by deleting them inside the database.

3. Wade John Beckett

Wade John Beckett Member HowtoForge Supporter

Most if not all billing / accounting software I have used have had at least a way of cancelling an invoice. Is it possible to cancel the invoice or is that what "unrecoverable" mean?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

A finalized invoice can not be canceled legally, only invoices that you have not finalized can get canceled and deleted. For a finalized invoice, you can either create a refund if you refunded it (which means you sent the customer a refund document to show him that he has not to pay the invoice anymore or if he paid it already, then that you sent him the money back). If you are not able to get the money anymore e.g. because the customer is bankrupt, then you can set it to unrecoverable.

Jeremy007 likes this.