How To Disable Email and DNS tabs?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tkbailey, Jun 15, 2009.

1. tkbailey

tkbailey New Member

I'm looking for a way to easily remove the Mail and DNS tabs from the ISPConfig web interface (for both the client and the admin). We aren't using this server for DNS or Mail, and would like to remove it to prevent users from thinking they can configure email, when they can't.

Anyway, it seems that the config file I'm looking for is /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/config.inc.php.

I modified the following line to remove 'dns' and 'mail'
    define('ISPC_INTERFACE_MODULES_ENABLED', 'mail,sites,dns,tools');

So far it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Am I missing something?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Thats the correct line and it affects all newly created clients. For existing clients you can change the modules in the system user settings.

3. tkbailey

tkbailey New Member

Excellent. I see it working on new users. One problem that still exists though, I removed the email and dns tabs. When I log in as the user, the tabs on the top are gone, but the contents menu on the left side of the screen still shows all the email account items (like email mailbox, email alias, etc.). It seems like it is still trying to pull up the email tab even though it is non-existant.

How do I stop that from happening. Nothing in the config file looks relevant to this issue.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You missed to change the default module of the users to a default module that is available.

5. tkbailey

tkbailey New Member

Oh geez...so simple. Sorry about that. Thanks for the help.