How to enable fopen for 1 domain or all domains

Discussion in 'General' started by cripperz, Apr 27, 2010.

1. cripperz

cripperz New Member

Hi All,

need some advise. I am on ubuntu and using ISPConfig 2. I recently had a user who would need the fopen function. I have checked that in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini the "allow_url_fopen" is enabled but i am still receiving error in the front end with the error stated below

Warning: fopen(http://www.florahut.com/codedev/index.php/category/) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden in /var/www/web11/web/lib/templates/template.php on line 334

Where else am i missing to enable this fopen ?

2. createch

createch New Member

try this .....
    Check the permission of your directories please, and check whether safemode is in effect

3. cripperz

cripperz New Member

Hi there,

i have temporarily set the permission on /web to 777 and also i have check that the safe_mode value is off in php.ini ....

is there any other consideration that i should make ?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Please check if Safe Mode is on in the vhost configuration.

5. cripperz

cripperz New Member

Hi Falko,

thanks for your reply. I confirm that the vhost safe mode is also off right now.

6. createch

createch New Member

For suspected safe mode issue, please make sure that in the ISPConfig user interface, PHP safe mode is NOT ticked in this domain.

You may do the following checking too:

a) Open the file concerned (i.e. template.php), go to line 334, check what file/directory the php script is trying to access -- then make sure that the system has been set to allow such file/directory access.