How to Enable Roundcube Password Plugin and make it work

Discussion in 'General' started by Nyx_, Dec 19, 2021.

1. Nyx_

Nyx_ Member

Hello Folks. Good day.
    On my setup, I want the end users to change their email password directly on the Roundcube Interface. In order to do that, I enabled the "password" plugin on the /etc/roundcube/config.inc.php
    Code:
    // List of active plugins (in plugins/ directory)
    // Debian: install roundcube-plugins first to have any
    $config['plugins'] = array('password'
    );
    After changing that line, the "Password" option shows up on the Settings menu on the Roundcube interface.
    However, when I try to change the account password by that interface, I get the error message:

Could not save new Password

Looking at the /var/log/roundcube/errors.log I see this

Code:
    [19-Dec-2021 16:10:49 -0300]: <lip14rfa> DB Error: [1305] FUNCTION roundcube.update_passwd does not exist (SQL Query: SELECT update_passwd('$1$Fkw1pWwF$rFbAjhqE2XkTVe1', '[email protected]')) in /usr/share/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_db.php on line 544 (POST /webmail/?_task=settings&_action=plugin.password-save)

I'm not sure how to proceed in order to fix this error.
    I appreciate if somebody can suggest a correction for it.

Thank you.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Alexcho likes this.
  3. Nyx_

Nyx_ Member

Thank you for the quick reply. That works great!
    Best Regards.

4. fatmike

fatmike Member

Hello.

Is this the way to go with ISPConfig 3.2.8 and Debian 11 after Automated installation?

Best regards

5. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

The ISPConfig autoinstaller does not install ISPConfig Roundcube plugins, from what I read from https://www.howtoforge.com/ispconfig-autoinstall-debian-ubuntu/ comment by Thom.
    If that question is about getting password plugin working, the way is installing ISPConfig Roundcube plugins and enabling and configurint the password plugin.

6. fatmike

fatmike Member