How to fresh (re-install) WordPress on a Site?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by peterpetr, Sep 16, 2017.

1. peterpetr

peterpetr Member

Hello,
    I have an ISPconfig (latest version 3.1.6) on Ubuntu 16.04 with MariaDb 10, PHP 7 and NGINX.
    I am trying to re-install WordPress on a specific Site called: www.site.com.
    This www.site.com web Site previously had Wordpress installed using APS Installer. This Wordpress installation had problems so I want to delete it and install a fresh, new, clean, most current version of WordPress.
    In the Site's /web/ directory: /var/www/clients/client1/web2/web/ I deleted all files and all folders so it is now an empty folder.
    When using the ISPconfig's APS Installer to try and re-install WordPress (with lastest version: 4.8.1-244) I get this error:
    ERROR - The installation path already contains a package installation.
    Q1: How do I resolve this so I can again use APS Installer to re-install WordPress on this same, now empty Site (www.site.com)?
    Thank you.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It does not matter if you deleted any files manually, you have to delete the install in aps installer before you install it again.

3. peterpetr

peterpetr Member

Till, Thank you. So obvious once it is known. Cheers.