How to get to a "higher" folder locally

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by bidevi, Sep 8, 2008.

1. bidevi

bidevi New Member

I've got ISPConfig installed on Debian Etch and it's working fine.

mysite.com is located inside /var/www/web1/web but I need to run a blahsetup.php file inside /var/www/web1/blah/blahsetup.php.

Problem: it's no use opening the blahsetup.php file with my browser because then php won't be interpreted. So how do I get there using my web browser locally? I don't know how to navigate to a file higher up the hierarchy than /var/www/web1/web.

Thanx in advance for any help, and if anyone knows the solution, please guide me step by step.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  2. bidevi

bidevi New Member

Problem solved, next problem emerged

I fixed the problem by putting the blahsetup.php file in the web1/web directory. The script offered me to adjust the path and I was able to run it.

But then a new problem emerged:

Attempting to create files in cache directories...
    Warning: fopen(/var/www/web1/blah/blah/manualcache/test) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/web1/blah/blah/blahsetupinc.php on line 540
    Failed. Unable to create files inside your cache directories. If you created these directories manually (for example, with the command "mkdir manualcache", etc.), please delete them and run the installation script again. If the installation script created them, then some unexected error is causing the problem.

I suspect that php cannot be run in web1, i.e. above the /web1/web level but I'm not sure about that and I wouldn't know how to fix it. Any suggestions?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You will have to make the folder /var/www/web1/blah/blah/manualcache/test writable for the webserver process.