How to implement SUEXEC on Nginx v1.18?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by concept21, Aug 29, 2021.

1. concept21

concept21 Active Member

Hello,
    I plan to try Nginx 1.18 on a new ISPConfig 3.2.5 Ubuntu 20.04.3 setup, but I require that it must have a module similar to suexec of apache. How do I enable it? :oops:

In Apache2, if I do not enable suexec module, most php software complain about permissions. After suexec has been enabled, none of those php software complains about permission. :)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is no such module needed for Nginx as PHP on nginx is always executed as the web user by default.

Th0m, ahrasis and concept21 like this.
  3. concept21

concept21 Active Member

If Nginx does not work as you say, I will switch back to Apache 2.4. Good dynamic web software require very strict file permissions. They are very difficult to fulfil unless there is suexec enabled. Then, none of them complains again! :D

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I tell you you tell nginx works exactly as you want and you say that you don't use it. Sorry, but this makes no sense at all.

Correct, and that's why you have to run PHP as web user. Nginx does this out of the box, so no suexec module required as the permissions are correct already, while Apache can not do that out of the box and you need a separate module, called suexec for it. So Nginx is superior in this way as it has this function built-in, while apache needs a separate module to reach the same functionality that nginx already has.

concept21 and Th0m like this.