How to install curl

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Nicolas2, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Nicolas2

Nicolas2 New Member

Hi,

I've got ISPConfig 2.2.8 installed with php5 mysql5, now my programmer needs to use curl.

How do I check if I already have curl installed? And if I don't how do I add it without risking to mess up any of the sites that I have running on the server?

I tried to type in SSH in etc/php5/apache2/ I typed: vi php.ini to look through that php.ini file and it didn't seem there was anything about curl in it.

I'm looking at http://curl.haxx.se/docs/install.html

http://curl.haxx.se/docs/faq.html#What_is_cURL says "curl is installed by default with most Linux distributions." How do I check if my Linux installation includes it?

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  2. Nicolas2

Nicolas2 New Member

Do I need to "compile PHP with cURL support", are there just a couple command line codes I can type to do that safely?

Is there some easy way to do that little cURL compiling with PHP on my server without any risk of that compiling messing up with any of the existing sites using PHP such as forums and blogs on the server?

Thanks in advance..

3. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Create a PHP file:
    PHP:
    <?php
    phpinfo
    ();
    ?>
    and call it in a browser. The page will list all modules that are enabled. If Curl is listed there, it's enabled. If not, you can install it like this:
    Code:
    apt-get install php5-curl
    and restart Apache.

4. Nicolas2

Nicolas2 New Member

Thanks a lot!

Is it totally safe to run this code:

Code:
    apt-get install php5-curl
    Is there no risk that some previously installed php sites on the same server such as forums and blogs on that server could become messed up?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

If you installed PHP5 from Debian's packages, then there's no problem. :)