How to install ispconfig 3 without mailman installation

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by SinglWolf, Jan 18, 2016.

1. SinglWolf

SinglWolf New Member

Hi!
    How to install ispconfig 3 without mailman installation in CentOS?
    I do not need it.
    What could be the problem?
    And how to solve them?
    Thank you.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yout leave out the mailman installation step.

3. SinglWolf

SinglWolf New Member

Thanks for the answer.
    Unfortunately, because of the missing mailman installation is not working mail server.
    Not sent and received emails.
    Show Mail Error-Log: "fatal: open database /etc/mailman/virtual-mailman.db: No such file or directory"
    I solved this problem follows:
    edit file /etc/postfix/main.cf
    Remove from strings "virtual_alias_maps =" template " hash:/etc/mailman/virtual-mailman," and "transport_maps =" template " hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/transport-mailman,".
    After the restart postfix it worked.
    Why for CentOS during installation there is no check on the absence of mailman?

4. SinglWolf

SinglWolf New Member

Till, please, answer my question: "Why for CentOS during installation there is no check on the absence of mailman?"
    Thank you.

5. till

Mailman is a part of the normal ispconfig setup so a system without mailman is possible but does not comply with the system requirements as defined in perfect server guide. therefore you might have to adjust some config files manually if you want to run a server that does not comply with the perfect setup instructions.

6. till

I just checked the install on CentOS. As far as I can see, your issue is caused by the if() line that you added manually into the ispconfig installer that you describe here.

https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/issues/4373

Without the if clause there is no error in the setup when you leave out mailman but there is a missing:

command to create /etc/mailman if it is absent though.

When you check the original code from ispconfig then you see that it always executes these commands during postfix install and that's intended to avoid the error that you describe, even if mailman is not installed:

if(!is_file('/etc/mailman/virtual-mailman')) touch('/etc/mailman/virtual-mailman');
    exec('postmap /etc/mailman/virtual-mailman');

this creates the file /etc/mailman/virtual-mailman and creates a hash db. Same for /var/lib/mailman/data/transport-mailman. This means that the lines "Remove from strings "virtual_alias_maps =" template " hash:/etc/mailman/virtual-mailman," and "transport_maps =" template " hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/transport-mailman,"." do not need to be removed from the ispconfig installer.