How to install PHP 7 as PHP-FPM & FastCGI for ISPConfig 3 on Ubuntu 12.04

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by budgierless, Dec 10, 2015.

1. budgierless

budgierless Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,

I was trying to install php 7 based off your tutoial https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/install-php-7-on-debian-8-jessie/ but i run into an issue regarding Systemd, this seems to on be a debian coomand because ubuntu 12.04 dose not understand this command, I think it is ok for ubuntu 15.04 and alikes, but not for 12.04, please advice an altrernative older command that I can used instead systemctl daemon-reload.
    error is : systemctl: command not found
    please note: that the folder area such as /lib/systemd/system/ dose exist on my system and has many files inside, so ubuntu dose use this, but the issue is only regarding the right command to tell it to reload.
    please advise.
    thanks

2. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

use /etc/init.d/... reload

3. budgierless

what is .... ? please state the full command i should use becuase the init.d commands that i try do not work, but im not sure what im doing.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

/etc/init.d/php-7.0.0-fpm reload

5. inside83

inside83 Member

6. budgierless

I restarted the server itself, but thanks
    Apache2

7. budgierless

FEEDBACK: I still think it would be nice if a ubuntu version of this tutorial is made, i have manged to install php7 but was afew issues along the way that i had to workout as this seems different to instal then other older php versions, I just hope i do not have any future issues from bad config.

8. till

I'll try to make a version for Ubuntu as well.

budgierless likes this.
  9. budgierless

sorry, still having issues, but a newer version of php 7 is out, can the tutorial be made to include this in the ubuntu version?

10. till

We always use the latest available software version when we write a new tutorial.