How to install wordpress on ispconfig3 with ubuntu 14.04 after full server setup on Digitalocean

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by tyway, Dec 22, 2015.

1. tyway

tyway New Member

I have installed a fresh droplet following the tutorial at howtoforge.com : The Perfect Server - Ubuntu 14.04 (Apache2, PHP, MySQL, PureFTPD, BIND, Dovecot, ISPConfig3

on the server I have created an xxx.example.com (as server) and now want to add xyxyxy.com on ISPConfig3
    • To ISPConfig3 i have added a domain, ftp and database *I have added digitalocean nameservers to my godaddy dns: ns1.digitalocean.com, ns2.digitalocean.com, ns3.digitalocean.com
    • I am able to log into the ftp using my IP address and ftp user name and password created with ISPconfig
    • I used the FTP to install wordpress on folder /web via ftp
    • The error says "Unable to connect" "Server not found" However the site wont show anything at all. I get a server error and unable to go ahead.
    I have searched all over for a solution but found none
    What am I doing wrong here? Any suggestion will definitely help. Please help. Thanks in advance.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Server not found means that you have a DNS error. ensure that you created a dns A-record for the domain name and the www subdomain inside the digitalocean nameservers that points to the IP address of your droplet.

3. tyway

tyway New Member

Till, Thanks a ton! I found what you suggested was the exact case. It worked!
    Wish you all the very best!