How to install Wordpress with Nginx, MariaDB and HHVM on Debian 8

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by tadpl, Aug 14, 2015.

1. tadpl

tadpl New Member

Hello,
    Thank you for your tutorial on "How to install Wordpress with Nginx, MariaDB and HHVM on Debian 8".
    I am writing because I help a friend with two websites. My friends sites are hosted on godaddy. I run Wordpress backups on them but have never had to restore either of the two sites from a backup.
    So, I figured I would use a virtual machine and install Wordpress on it following your tutorial.
    That went well.
    But, now I have one Wordpress site and would like to know how to create another Wordpress site within that installation.
    Thank you.

2. What do you exactly mean? Would you like to host another wordpress site on the same virtual machine or something else? If so its not that hard:
    - Create a new directory inside /var/www (called /var/www/secondsite or something. Doesn't matter)
    - Upload wordpress inside that new directory again, give nginx permissions with chown and if needed chmod
    - Create a new database, if you would like to keep it secure also create a new DB user with permissions to that database.
    - Create a new virtual host inside the nginx sites-available and let nginx handle the domain you would like to, to the new directory
    - Enter the wordpress web install tool again and use the DB and DB user you created before to give it access to a DB

Hope this is enough info for you and will help you, else you can come back here

3. ensens

ensens Member

Hi,
    Yes, I wanted to try and host another site on the same machine.
    thank you!

4. Have you got it working already?

5. tadpl

tadpl New Member

Hi,
    I didn't get a chance to try yet but your answer will be the steps I follow.
    Will post when I am able to try your instructions!