How to just scan email for a domain and relay?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by rob_morin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. rob_morin

rob_morin Member

Hello, I have a client that just wants us to be MX and scan and then send off to their exchange server. What is the best way to do this in ISPCONFIG?

Thanks.
    Have a great day!

2. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I would use posfix' verfiy-service. This allows you ask the exchange-server if the mailuser exists. You can also create some transfers, but you must keep the mailuser-database in sync between your server and the exchange-server.

3. rob_morin

rob_morin Member

This postfix verify service is it just fro verification or does it do the relaying also, I am looking for something if possible to be done with ISPCONFIG so my client can add domains on his own rather than call me each time.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I have several clients with that setup here:

1) Add a email transport (routing) in ispconfig for the domain, pointing to the exchange server.
    2) Add the email users of the target server as mail relay recipients in ispconfig. If you can not add all addresses, uses @domain.tld, but then you have to ensure that the exchange does not bounce emails for non existing addresses.
    3) Add a record under Spamfilter user / domain for this email domain to set which filter shall get applied to this email.

5. rob_morin

rob_morin Member

Where is mail relay recipients in ispconfig?

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Login to ispconfig, go to the mail module and there click on relay recipients in the menu.

7. rob_morin

rob_morin Member

Ah, ok cool i see it now, i need another coffee!
    Thanks

8. rob_morin

rob_morin Member

Ok so i did a test and i get this in the logs;

Sep 16 09:52:10 mail2 postfix/smtpd[25866]: NOQUEUE: filter: RCPT from unknown[76.70.38.83]: <[email protected]>: Sender address triggers FILTER amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10026; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.domain.com>

This person cannot send email, they use our smtp server for their employees.
    Ideas?