How to modify ISPConfig port 8080 ?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Keoz, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Keoz

Keoz Member

Hello,

I wish to install an app whose HTTP is listening on port 8080 like ISPConfig does !

It is not the first time that I am facing such this case, so I think that the smarter thing to do to ease my future, is to learn how to modify the port on side of ISPConfig, rather than on side of the app to be installed.

*** Q ***
    May someone tell me how to properly modify ISPConfig default 8080 port ?

At any useful ends, the today’s webapp is TRACIM, and it can also listen on a different port if not installed using docker. But in such case, the app developers recommend not to install it following a control panel tree structure. Please consider the app developers arguments below (extracted from Github forum), and share your opinion that may be useful in other similar cases :

**** ON GITHUB ****
    Hello,
    I do not recommend installing Tracim like that. For two reasons: First is, Tracim source code can be unique on your system. After installing dependencies and building frontend you can deploy Tracim instances with web server like uwsgi, apache, etc. See https://github.com/tracim/tracim#run-tracim-for-production Second reason is Tracim have a lot of dependencies and it will be, maybe, in conflict with your control panel (Is that something like ISPConfig or Webmin ?). For your information, Tracim is ready for use with Docker.

This is also the reason why I also care of replies to my questions upon ISPConfig and container technologies in this other thread : https://www.howtoforge.com/communit...ig-relates-with-container-technologies.86462/

Regards,

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Edit the ispconfig vhost file, change port number in the listen and vhost directive, save the file, restart the web server. or use a different port for the container that you want to run on the server, if the container is built properly, then you can set its port as an option.

3. Keoz

Keoz Member

Fine, thanks