How to problem regarding Virtual Domains with Postfix, Courier and MySQL etc - Fatal

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by j.smith1981, Aug 9, 2010.

1. j.smith1981

j.smith1981 New Member

Hi Everyone.

Having a bit of trouble with postfix and mysql support, here's the tutorial I have been following:

http://howtoforge.org/virtual-users-domains-postfix-courier-mysql-squirrelmail-centos-4.8-i386-p2

Just cant seem to get around this log error with postfix supporting mysql, here's a copy of the direct log as it where, just the error itself, it is sending though via its own localhost, when the system sends an email to the root account, that is working, so it cant be not working, just lacking sql support with mysql.

Here's the copy of the log:

But I have already tried this installation again, I decided to switch back to my own config of my system, as ispconfig 2 just seems to suck up so much processing power at the moment, it has to be that system that caused the reason why Im switching to this.

Plus I prefer this system anyhow, so any suggestions on getting around this?

I have attempted a reinstall of postfix and its still causing this error, any helps appreciated,
    Jeremy.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  2. j.smith1981

j.smith1981 New Member

Just though I'd reply and end this confusion lol.

I silly me forgot to set mysql to 1 in the *.spec file for postfix, its fine now though, much appreciate anyone looking into this for me.

Explains why no ones replied though, haha, no seriously much appreciated.

Cant believe I forgot that.

Thanks again,
    Jeremy

3. j.smith1981

j.smith1981 New Member

I got it working perfectly apart from one little feature I would like to get working if you could step me through whats going wrong?

When I try to change my sqlpassword in squirrelmail, it comes up with the following message:

That is not very descriptive over whats really happening so I went into my web servers logs and I found this error:

Any suggestions?

4. j.smith1981

j.smith1981 New Member

Does anyone know how to correct the above please?:confused: