How to put a website on a different name(domain)

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by wEprous, Nov 19, 2016.

1. wEprous

wEprous New Member

Hi guys,
    I have virtual server with Debian 8 and ISP 3.0.5 and I've got a problem with website domain changing.
    I'm setting my website on testing environment on my private IP address and in few days I want to go from test enviroment to full environment (I don't know the english equivalent, sorry), so the website domain will change from IP address to domain.tld, but if I do this right now, only thing I get is "It works page" from Apache2 and the contain of my website is still on the IP address. In few minutes the both domains are the "It works page" (IP and domain.tld).

I tried to restart the apache2 serrvice and I looked to the etc/apache2/sites-available/ and the original .conf file of IP address is deleted and .conf file of domain.tld is created. This same applies to var/www/. Another thing caused by this change is that in .conf file(s) in sites-available the port number in "<VirtualHost *:>" is missing.

Do you have any tips or solutions how to do this change?

Sorry If this topic/issue is already solved, but I didn't find anything on Google or on this forum.

Thanks a lot!

EDIT:
    If I change in new the .conf file the empty port to 80, it "redirects" me to the IP address.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I believe that port number is written by the /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf/vhost.conf.master template; do you happen to have a /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/vhost.conf.master that is broken?