How to re-install ispconfig3?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Taleman, Dec 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I upgraded Debian 6 with ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p9 to Debian Wheezy. The Debian upgrade rewrote configuration files, but I did not find a way to run the ISPConfig 3.0.5.4p9 installer again. It refuses to run and says ISPConfig is already installed.
    I got around this by installing the latest ISPConfig, namely version 3.1.1p1. This created the configuration files again, and all seems to work (except webmail with roundcube, but noticed it just now and did not troubleshoot yet).
    I would have preferred to keep the older ISPConfig, since this is a multiserver setup and I was not planning to upgrade the master just yet.
    Is there a way to get ISPConfig to rerun the installation or configuration step to get the configuration files? I was also going to remove mydns and install bind9, but that would also require running the ISPConfig installer to get the name service configured to use bind.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Te instructiosn on how to run an ispconfig manually are listed in the relaese notes of every ISPConfig version. see e.g. here: http://www.ispconfig.org/blog/ispconfig-3-1-1p1-released/

3. Taleman

But doing
    php -q install.php
    just shows
    ISPConfig 3 installation found. Please use update.php instead if install.php to update the installation.
    end exits back to shell prompt.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The instructions that I linked tell you to run update.php and not install.php :)

5. reem

reem New Member

hi !
    am facing the same problem.. Have u found a solution for it ?

6. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

As it says, use update.php instead if install.php; ie. at the point where you run 'php -q install.php' change to 'php -q update.php'.

7. labsy

labsy Member

Life saver! Been struggling with weird pure-ftpd errors, like TLS error and Could not connect to server...just needed php -q update.php from already dowloaded ISPConfig tmp folder. Thanx!

8. Dewan Shamsul Alam

Dewan Shamsul Alam New Member

I had the same issue. Just delete /usr/local/ispconfig/ directory and then try php -q install.php once again.

9. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

NO. do this and you wipe out any custom config, theme changes, ispconfig's existing auto-generated random passwords and more.
    as already stated at least 4 times previously in this thread, just use update.php in place of install.php

10. IztokKlanecek

IztokKlanecek New Member

I deleted /usr/local/ispconfig/ directory
    now there is error: ISPConfig 3 installation found. Please use update.php instead if install.php
    It can not be updated because there is nothing there to update, but still it seed there is ISPConfig 3 installed.
    Nothing works. What now?

11. Taleman

Why?
    What did you do to get this error?
    Is your question related to this thread? Thread is 2 years old. Did you read this thread, did you understand the difference between update and install scripts?
    What is it you want to do with your ISPConfig installation? Update it? Replace it with a new version of ISPConfig? Uninstall ISPConfig?

12. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please create a new thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.